Is there a way to search those icon things? Because I was personally imagining a pixel Final Fantasy sprite. Ah well. Dancing emote will have to do for now.
So. I wrote the book. They got back to me. They admitted I was right. They're changing the sentence in the book and the test bank. The teacher gave me, and my group our points back. Hooray!
Well, that's the boring way of telling the story. The more amusing details are as follows:
1. I was anticipating a fight, so I wrote the book an in-depth email, complete with references and quotations, stating my point. It was long to the point that the lady from the book company who replied to my email commented on how detailed my argument was.
2. Since I was preparing for a fight, I saved all my most biting language (like how we shell out over $200 for this book so they can be an authority on the subject, etc) for an extended fight, which is probably better.
2.a. Especially because I bought the book used and paid significantly less.
3. After receiving a reply from the book company ceding the case, I wrote what I thought was a bridge-mendy email to my professor, who had obviously been kind of off-put by my arguing my case. In several paragraphs I explained that my intention hadn't been to subvert his, or the book's, authority, and asked politely that he give my group the points back.
4. His response was, and I quote:
"Sure no problem."
4.a. I laughed out loud. Come on. If you're going to totally dismiss all the effort I put in, at least have the courtesy to put in a comma.
4.b. This was also for both before and after I refrained from gloating to all the other students in the class.
5. Now I get to go through the rest of the semester certain he's waiting for me to mess up in the two classes I have with him. Hooray!
But whatever. I still have my list of bizarre things that come out of his mouth during class, which may or may not go up here later in the semester. Also, if I do mess up, I ruin the class average, so that's not really in his benefit either. So I'm happy. I was kind of expecting to have more trouble with him than with the book anyway.
But either way, I'm declaring a victory. I'm doing the sporadic armor punch right now. You just can't see it.
At least I now know that the Accounting department wasn't the only one attracting weird teachers. Which is good. I wouldn't want the other majors to miss out.